Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Everyone's a Critic: Star Trek Into Darkness

The Baby Cousin came down with his First XV rugby team Queens Birthday Saturday, for a match against the local Trident Highschool equivilent.
It was...mostly just cute.  TBC couldn't play due to a knee injury, which sucked, and the team lost - I'm sure as a direct result.

*snicker*

Anyway, the rest of his family followed down for the rest of the weekend, and The Baby Baby Cousin and I went to see Star Trek Into Darkness.

I liked it.  In full disclosure - I have never seen any of the original Star Trek, but saw the (holyshitwasitreally)2009 movie for kicks and liked that.

I loved the opening, the acting was brill, the premise was good and I liked the final resolution.  Definitely fits into my 'always going to like it' movie genre.

Mostly though, Benedict Cumberbatch is my homeboy and was amazing.  So good.  Good for that alone, but also - a little bit of 'Mmmmm, Spock!' going on.

Haha.

The only reason I'm not giving it a 5 is because of my own lack of knowledge of the Trek universe; I'm sure most of the important stuff just passed me by.

4.5 out of 5 (where: 1=actively burning it, 2=waste of time, 3=don't regret having seen it, but... 4=good movie, recommended, 5=blewmymindwhyhaven'tyouseenityetI'vegottoseeitagaintalktoyoulater).

No comments:

Post a Comment