Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

KiwiQuilt is Finished!

The Mother & Father went away for the weekend in their truck and Mum finished off the hand stitching of the binding.


She also hand-embroidered our names on our respective sides, as is tradition.   She had made machine-embroidered versions but decided it was too lazy.  (Sheesh).  And yet, didn't even do it in cursive.  I don't know, hard to get good help these days.  (*Hides.  For a good long time)
Yeah that's right; Doctor.  I did finish my side after graduation, after all.  Even if all the fabric was bought long before that.  Yep.


I am remarkably proud, best quilt to date (of course, soon to be overtaken...).

On a bed it looks pretty spiffy, if I do say so myself.

Done!  Now its going to get wrapped up with a big bow, and hidden in some cupboard until BigSib gets home in February.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing job! Looks fantastic :) Your sister is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chur!

      Was a hell of a lot easier than the bloody tiny floral squares one. But also - pfft, lucky. You know, when you get married... :D

      Delete