Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

There's a bug in my eye

The boys get a special mention, since I have never been so touched in all my life.  (minds out of the gutter, thank you).

I was instructed to remain in the office for at least 10 minutes on Friday early avo, in retrospect I realise it was so The Hairy One could arrive, and was then presented with a massive box, wrapped thusly:

Someone found a brill idea somewhere.  I had no idea what was going on, but a few boxes in, I could imagine.  I say a few, it took a lot more than that to get to the end.  Interspersed between layers was crumpled paper, crumpled bits of results, packing peanuts, bubble wrap, generic rubbish - you get the picture.  Tissue box, glove box, reagent boxes...  I destroyed the office, and it was the most fun I'd had in there in ages. (The cleaner refused to clean on Friday,  I cleaned up first thing Monday morning).

Once I did get to the end of the yellow brick road I clamped my jaw, hugged the silly boys and ran off into the lab to 'flug my fly food'.  I was't hiding tears, I swear.  It was hayfever.  Hayfever is embarrassing, don't you know.
The Baby One and The Hairy One.  Words cannot express.  Well...

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment