Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Host

I read The Host over the weekend (plus Monday night).  Saw the trailer a couple weeks back and wanted to see if it was worth going to see.  So of course I read the book.
The Host
And I just looked at her website and saw this which made me irrationally angry:

"Science fiction for people who don't like science fiction"

Gah!  Ok, so nice intro into my complaints.  I like the premise.  In fact, I really like the premise.  But at about 50% of the way through, the plot opens up to offer so many alternate, awesome possibilities than the one plot line she took.  So predictable, so plain, so...twilight.

Urgh.

So much potential wasted for a really good science fiction for people who like science fiction.

Disappointed, Stephenie Meyer, disappointed.  This would have been a brilliant opportunity to redeem yourself.  I'll give you one more chance, with a sequel to this book - because you left the world wide open.  Sort it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment