Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Get off my lawn

It's national crate day and most of the kids from work are currently in an extremely inappropriate state of inebriation. I made it ~2 hours before becoming overwhelmed with the massive number of drunk people in far too small a space and retreated home for the blessed solitude and companionship of the beloved LOTR films.

Booyah.

I am waaaay too old for such shenanagans. And I start with the judging and the disappointment, which is not conducive to healthy friendships. Though having like-minded company for LOTR love would be most welcome. Perhaps it is time-ripe for change.

I made peanut maple cinnamon scrolls to take round for lunch, though by the time I left at ~3 the BBQ had yet to be fired up, & I suspect my efforts were wasted on drink-addled tastebuds. I stole one as I snuck out the door, definitely a recipe I'll be making again, though they took a lot longer to bake than recommended.

Yesterday I snuck out to the shoe shop after avotea to get a present for The Mini One. She's been wearing the same lab shoes since the beginning of her Masters and they were held together by masking tape and hope, I shit you not. They were worse than The Hairy One's, whose I filled with jelly. I have photos of new & old, though who knows where this app will insert them, and they certainly don't show the extent of destruction in the old pair. Horrific.

Crazy tiny feet, has that girl.

---

"You cannot give me this"
"It is mine to give to whom I will. Like my heart". It's just so much less cheesy when an elf says it. Pity.

"One does not simply walk into Mordor". Fuck I love this shit!!

Rock on.



No comments:

Post a Comment