Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Oh the calamity!

Last Friday the Uni network went down and we were without internet for about an hour.

Its funny how quickly everyone throws their toys.  And how remarkably quickly the atmosphere becomes collegial - we had visitors in our office from all over the building; fun times.

Anyway, I was in the middle of copying code over to the new website and was quite put-out that I lost a whole pages worth of fresh coding.

Also relevant to the backstory; when I got my iPhone from my brilliant fathers fabulous string of coincidental events (when I start a band that is so going to be its name), I gave my iPod touch to The Baby One, who eventually had it stood-on during a football game.  Or something.

So, like that other time when I ripped my old mp3 player apart for interests sake - I did it again.

Main impression?  Layers - there are so many freaking layers to those touch screens.  I was amazed.


I didn't get right the way through to the juicy stuff, snapped my cheap wee screwdriver in half whilst trying, in fact.  But I've saved it for next time.

Unmake rules!

2 comments:

  1. Are you gonna fix it? You know you can fix it, right?
    http://www.ifixit.com/Device/iPod_Touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, there were other things wrong with it than just a smashed screen, don't worry. Its 5 years old too. Also, meh! iPhone!

      Delete