Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Part I - where's my head at?



So that happened.


I...don't know what to do with myself.  Its so, so strange.  I guess I've just defined myself by my PhD for so long being without is...abnormal.  Friday was, probably, one of the best days of my life.  So much love.  I'll reminisce, just for you.  Firstly, I got this:
Awww you guys!

From my peeps in biochem, all of whom I love.  I was so buzzing I couldn't even read it properly at the time, which was for the best, 'cause I would have shed a wee tear.  And cards from the GO peeps, LED and the rest:
So much love

And then, because it was just that kind of day, one which just keeps getting better, TCO gave me the 'Sweet' card and this completely amazeballs necklace she had made for me.  I apologise for the boob-shot, but some people don't know any other way in which to point a camera.  I'll take some closeups later, but its ROYGBIV in coloured stone skulls on leather cord.  So, so love.  Like, fucktonnes of love.

Somewhere in there is my sweet new skull necklace

I got two bunches of flowers, from the LED and GO, and texts all day from family, family friends and friends who couldn't make it to drinks.  The mother had snuck in a parcel to the supe, with a box of the now famous Scilla to give to me on Friday with another beaut card.

TOO's lovely mother made meringues and cake for afternoon tea as well.  The whole thing was remarkably overwhelming.

Oh yeah - I also got a handbag full of jelly.  So undeserved.  You believe me this time, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment