Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Be Brave

You know those days when the powers combine to make you feel like you have to either punch a wall or make tea?

Yeah, I just made tea.

Life is hard and I never get what I want and shit is so unfair and I'll get over my silly first world problems slash princess whinging tomorrow.

 ---

Dropped TCO off at the airport with her male half for their departure to Europe yesterday, the office is a measure quieter as a direct result. I'm looking forward to being wildly jealous over the postcards which she had better send. In case you missed it love: Hint. Hint.

The Gore One impromptually whipped up some sweet creme brulee last night. It was amazing, and I was beyond impressed. I've never tried to make it myself. Mad props. Totally made my Sunday.

The Mother is staying with the grandmother while her new hip heals a bit - and awoke to find the carpet soaked from a broken hot water cylinder. Blame was, at first, placed on the two dogs, but that's a lot of water for two medium dogs to produce, and the day before at that (Logan is monarch of the Nans's house - the dogs get the parents' house, up the road, but come to visit to be reminded of their place by the cat).

Caught Brave on Sat morning with TOO & Co; it was brilliant. I loved the accents and her hair. Oh my god - want.  It was beautiful. The detail in these things these days, blows my mind (yes, I am that old...). Mad props to the message and the strong female lead role and so on and so forth. My amazonian-feminist side was appeased, and it had both humour and scary bits that made me jump and only just avoid elbowing TOO's cousin in the ribs (yes, yes - I'm old and a fucking Mallowpuff, I know). I'd definitely recommend seeing it, though it would be just as good on DVD, so no biggie to see it at the cinema. Fuck being assigned a prince to make your story end "happily ever after". Make your own fate - BAM.

A group of peeps at work bought the roulette pizza from Hells on Friday (Waaaaaay too chicken to get in on that), I went to watch the consumption, and of course; TCO got the spiked piece. It was pretty funny. Slow to hit, which made it anticlimactic at first, but the buildup to insane-plus-tears made it better. The Baby One picked up a wee tub of their second-hottest sauce at the same time and cooked me pasta for dinner that night - it was awesome. Initial freakout and shock, but then the flavours are delightfully changed and after the first hit the rest is quite delightful. And of course - you only ever need the tiniest bit, so there is plenty left to trick visitors into trying straight. Strangely enough, all the boys in the flat tried it straight - and all got hiccups. Weird.

TOO and her lovely Mum are making me dinner tonight, (because I'm spoilt and lucky) and I am very much looking forward to a not-working dinner. Yay.

---

...Back to wall punching? Urgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment