Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Distractions

From my pitiful life at present (stay tuned for "Lament of the Thesis".  Just kidding, I couldn't be bothered)
Floor 1997-2000, by Do Ho Suh
Floor 1997-2000, by Do Ho Suh
An art installation by Do Ho Suh, 180k little plastic men (holding up the 1%?!  Ooooo! See what I did there?! Current event reference= 1 point).  Via.

This made me groan:
The actual paper is pretty cool, if you go a smidgen over the threshold the worms drop dead.  Tech blog picking up my shiznizzle - brill.

BBC has released some new bird footage (for Earthflight), which I loved, and then - the narration voiced over and it was my doctor.  Yum.
Speaking of documentaries and the BBC, we have all been watching Frozen Planet, and it is brilliant.  Last night David talked about this wee beast, Pyrrharctia isabella, the Wooly Bear Caterpillar, which freezes solid every winter until it has amassed enough weight during the short summers, to pupate.  It freezes solid and then comes back to life; the individual featured in FP had frozen for 14 winters.  Fourteen!!

And this video is brill, classical music roller-coaster.  Love it - the heart soars and drops and speeds up and slows along with the combined aural and visual assault.

ZKO Rollercoaster // GREAT EMOTIONS from virtual republic on Vimeo.

That will do for now.  Rock on my pretties.  (I feel like I miss you a little bit - how have you been?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment