Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

12 Magic's of Chrissie: 3

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod - Jaffa Cakes!


So I did an exchange with a school in England when I was 14 and I fell in love with Jaffa Cakes - in wee New Zealand you can only get the delicious little suckers from 'English' speciality shops and very occasionally the international food isle at New World.

Today, while at the cop-shop reporting my wee car accident (hang tight for deets, peeps) a woman came in to report a lost wallet or something (I didn't start eavesdropping properly till later) carrying two massive boxes of heaven.  The police receptionist had a chat with her about them, because she loved them too - and the woman said about how she had only just gotten them at the New World up the road, for a measly ~$13 each.

So, of course, I dragged The Baby One there after our visit to the panel beaters.  There were none on the shelves - but a lovely young woman snuck two boxes from storage out the back for me.  And then the chick manning the self-checkouts was like, "omg, I love those!  I didn't even know we sold them!"

Spreading the Jaffa Cakes Secret Love.  Hooking all my peeps up.
Whoop.  Logan's on duty, they're safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment