Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

On Repeat



Into Dust, - Mazzy Star.

Yeah - Gears of War commercial (don't be fooled, I am not a gamer).  Completely beautiful.  Strange advertising concept but I think they have a winner.  Last years totally brought back Mad World.

"It was you, breathless and torn, I could feel my eyes turning into dust"


The instrumental in the background (I would go ahead and call guitar, but I'm just not sure) is completely lovely.

And I love the hipsters all being "I liked it before it was on a TV ad, therefore your appreciation for it is worth less than mine, and that...verifies my sense of self worth" all over the internets.

You kids crack me up.

2 comments:

  1. Ah I love this song! I(and at the risk of sounding like a Hipster, have done for ages). I listened to it a lot when my Grandma was sick, it helped... soothe me I guess is the right way of putting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can love it for ages, you just can't think that makes you better!

    It is soothing, its soothing me through my Intro draft!

    ReplyDelete