Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

My hair has the power to make young women cry

Well, tear up at least.  Went in for a cut on Friday, having been inspired by the Married One's beautiful new do, and asked for a chunky, long fringe.

We started with an intensive conditioning treatment, because despite my using Sebastian, SP mask and Kerastase leave-in conditioner, my doll-hair is still unruly and dry. (yet, the best it has ever been, so money (lots and lots of money) -well spent).

Then she cut, and cut too short.  It is a universal failing - underestimating my hairs ability to bounce, even after hardcore straightening.

So there I was, sitting, trying really really hard not to burst out laughing, while she tried to stop the tears from forming.  Honestly, it's not that bad, and in a couple of weeks it will be perfect.  My hair does grow bloody fast after all.

And the sweetheart gave me the whole day free of charge.  That's a fringe cut, ends trimmed, treatment and general palather - at no cost.  Who am I to complain at saving a hundred dollars?!  We made a booking for three weeks so that she might trim it further into shape (by that point she was too afraid to touch it for fear of making it worse) and get some side-bits going on.  (to be honest, it has the Joan-of-Arc thing going on at the mo - think, monk).  It helped to calm her down, and I didn't want her to think I blamed her - she was a pretty young stylist, and my hair is...special.  (gee, thanks Dad. :P).

So - fun times!  Totally made my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment