Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

I kind of, like, just can't comprehend, you know?

Just how bad this oil spill shizbang is.

But the news accounts, and photos of oil soaked animals are just disgusting.

From SeaWayBlog, historic photo - 1989 Exxon Valdez Spill.


Fuck you BP.


and I almost can't look.


Gives new meaning to 'hauntingly beautiful'. Disgustingly beautiful. That's a dead turtle floating in oil.

Fix that shit up people!

Here's a 'nice' daily count of the numbers of dead wildlife resulting from the BP pipe "spill".

How did it come to this?

I don't know if its because we are so far away, but the shear magnitude of this disaster appears, I think, to be bypassing the majority of the population. Though with the government approving seabed carve-ups for oil exploration here in New Zealand, this shit could end up closer to home than ever before.

I am shocked that the oil companies in the Gulf of Mexico are allowed to get away with so much - law dodging etc, and in general such shady behaviour - buying up search terms to limit bad publicity? You have got to be kidding me!

How did it come to this?!

I hope the upper management peeps at BP have at least a small twinge of guilt while they try harder to cover up the debacle than fix the damn problem. And with such widespread devastation, has it not progressed to the point where the US government - or even every government gets involved to pool knowledge and resources to plug the damn gap?! How massive is the US Defence budget? Surely they have brilliant minds & basement geeks that could be working on the problem?

How did it come to this?

I do have to agree with the comment from LongFlight, how many people have reduced their use of oil/gas as a result of this fierce oil-war fallout? How many people have started taking their bikes to work?
None. Including me.

I am a bad person.

A sad, bad person.

No comments:

Post a Comment